- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Asian (toasted) sesame oil
- 2 pounds Korean-style short ribs (beef chuck flanken, cut 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick across bones)
- Step 1: Stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, green onions, garlic, and sesame oil in a bowl until sugar has dissolved.
- Step 2: Place ribs in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour marinade over ribs. Seal the bag and refrigerate for 3 hours to overnight.
- Step 3: Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat; lightly oil the grate.
- Step 4: Remove ribs from the bag; shake off excess marinade and discard marinade. Grill ribs on the preheated grill until meat is still pink but not bloody nearest the bone, 5 to 7 minutes per side.
1096 calories; Protein 35.9g; Carbohydrates 44.9g; Fat 85.6g; Cholesterol 172.4mg; Sodium 2831.1mg.