- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, pureed
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (16 ounce) package confectioners’ sugar
- 4 tablespoons fresh strawberries, pureed, or more as needed
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 8 leaves fresh mint leaves
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Step 2: Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Step 3: Beat eggs, 1 cup strawberry puree, melted butter, and milk until combined. Add to flour mixture; whisk until combined. Pour batter into the prepared cake pans.
- Step 4: Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly, then invert onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Step 5: Make the frosting while the cakes cool. Pour melted butter into a large bowl and sift in confectioners’ sugar. Add enough pureed strawberries to make a spreadable frosting.
- Step 6: Frost the cooled cakes and garnish with fresh strawberries and mint.
- You can also use frozen, thawed strawberries if desired.
- If you aren’t serving immediately, make the frosting thicker in consistency and be sure to refrigerate. If your frosting lumps, microwave it for roughly 30 seconds on medium power, then stir.
- This cake can also be baked in a 9×13-inch baking pan.