- 1 (4 pound) whole chicken
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 medium head garlic, halved lengthwise
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Honey, strained or extracted
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Set a roasting rack inside a rimmed baking sheet. Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- Step 2: Zest 1 teaspoon lemon zest into a small bowl. Quarter remaining lemon and place pieces inside chicken cavity along with onion and garlic.
- Step 3: Add mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, Worcestershire, and cayenne to the lemon zest; mix to combine. Rub mayonnaise mixture evenly all over the chicken and underneath the skin over the breast. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper.
- Step 4: Roast in the preheated oven until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, 50 to 60 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone, should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Tent with foil halfway through cooking if too much browning occurs before internal temperature is reached. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
536 calories; Protein 41.9g; Carbohydrates 7.2g; Fat 37.5g; Cholesterol 136.3mg; Sodium 729.6mg.