- 1 (4 pound) whole chicken
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 pinch dried rosemary
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Step 2: Rinse and pat chicken thoroughly dry with paper towels. Mix margarine, garlic salt, black pepper, thyme, parsley, and rosemary in a bowl and rub the outside of the chicken thoroughly with the margarine mixture. Place any remaining margarine mixture into the cavity of the chicken. Place chicken into a glass baking dish.
- Step 3: Bake chicken in the preheated oven until browned and the juices run clear, about 2 hours. An instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a thigh, not touching bone, should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
650 calories; Protein 41.3g; Carbohydrates 1.2g; Fat 52.8g; Cholesterol 129.3mg; Sodium 1381.5mg.