- 1 whole chicken
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 lemon, halved
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Step 2: Pat chicken dry and sprinkle salt on all sides and inside the cavity. Sprinkle with black pepper. Pluck the leaves from 1 spring of rosemary and sprinkle on the chicken. Place the other whole sprig inside the cavity along with garlic and lemon.
- Step 3: Place the chicken on a roasting rack set inside a roasting pan.
- Step 4: Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone, should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
438 calories; protein 46.4g; carbohydrates 4g; fat 25.8g; cholesterol 145.5mg; sodium 1885.4mg.