- 3 heads garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons salt (or to taste)
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ½ (12 fluid ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 (16 pound) turkey
- Step 1: Crush the peeled garlic cloves, and place into a large bowl. Season with pepper, cumin, oregano, and salt. Pour in lemon juice, wine, and orange juice concentrate; whisk together until well mixed.
- Step 2: Using a sharp paring knife, pierce the turkey breast, thighs, and legs; creating holes for the marinade to penetrate. Pour the marinade over turkey, and into the holes. Finally, stuff garlic pieces into the holes. Cover the turkey well, and refrigerate overnight to marinate.
- Step 3: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Step 4: Roast turkey in the preheated oven until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the thigh measures 180 degrees F (80 degrees C), about 5 hours. Baste the turkey every 30 to 45 minutes. Once the breast has browned, cover loosely with aluminum foil to prevent it from becoming burnt.
589 calories; Protein 74.5g; Carbohydrates 8.9g; Fat 25.6g; Cholesterol 214.6mg; Sodium 878.8mg.