- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped pimento-stuffed green Manzanilla olives
- Step 1: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Cook until onions are tender and start to caramelize around the edges, about 5 minutes. Add diced tomatoes.
- Step 2: Combine flour, smoked paprika, sweet paprika, oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper in a resealable plastic bag. Add beef stew meat and shake to coat.
- Step 3: Heat remaining oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat and brown coated beef on all sides, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Step 4: Transfer browned stew meat to the Dutch oven. Add water and vinegar; stir to combine. Cook over low heat for 1 1/2 hours.
- Step 5: Remove the lid and add olives. Cook stew for an additional 30 minutes. Adjust seasonings to taste.
305 calories; Protein 23.1g; Carbohydrates 12.2g; Fat 17.6g; Cholesterol 67.4mg; Sodium 741.6mg.