- 2 ¾ cups cake flour
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup shortening
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup golden raisins, chopped
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 recipe Williamsburg Butter Frosting
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan, two 9-inch round cake pans, or three 8-inch round cake pans.
- Step 2: In a large bowl, combine cake flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Mix in butter, shortening, buttermilk, eggs, raisins, nuts, orange zest and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer for 3 minutes on high speed. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Step 3: Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Bake 9×13 inch pan 45 to 50 minutes, or layers 30 to 35 minutes. Allow to cool, and frost with Williamsburg Butter Frosting.
284 calories; Protein 4.4g; Carbohydrates 42.6g; Fat 11.3g; Cholesterol 45.4mg; Sodium 272.8mg.