- 1 (1 pound) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon water, or as needed
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅔ cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- Step 1: Lightly grease 2 round cake pans with butter.
- Step 2: Roll bread dough out to an 6×18-inch rectangle. Brush with melted butter. Combine brown sugar, walnuts, and cinnamon in a small bowl; sprinkle over butter. Roll dough into a log, starting at the long edge. Moisten edge with water and seal. Cut log into 20 slices; arrange rolls, cut sides down, in prepared cake pans. Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 90 minutes.
- Step 3: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Pour heavy cream over dough.
- Step 4: Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Step 5: Mix confectioners’ sugar, milk, and vanilla extract in a small bowl; drizzle over warm cinnamon rolls to serve.
I wanted the bread to hold onto the sugar and nuts and cinnamon, so I used the extra butter. Mine don’t hold together very well, so I just make sure that the edges are all next to the pan or each other. I usually add extra nuts and cinnamon because my husband likes them.
157 calories; Protein 2.9g; Carbohydrates 22.9g; Fat 6g; Cholesterol 10.1mg; Sodium 143.7mg.