- ½ pound ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 1 cup salsa (Optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 12-inch prepared pizza crust
- 1 ½ cups Mexican-style shredded four-cheese blend
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ½ cup Mexican-style shredded four-cheese blend
- 1 cup sour cream, or as desired (Optional)
- 1 cup salsa, or as desired (Optional)
- Step 1: Cook and stir the ground beef, onion, and garlic together in a large skillet over medium-high heat until the beef is completely browned; drain fat from the skillet.
- Step 2: Stir the taco seasoning mix and water into the beef mixture; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook at a simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Step 3: Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Step 4: Place the prepared pizza curst on a baking sheet.
- Step 5: Blend the diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, salsa, and cilantro in a blender until smooth.
- Step 6: Spread the refried beans in an even layer on the prepared pizza crust, leaving a border of about 1/2-inch uncovered around the outside.
- Step 7: Spread about 1 cup of the diced tomato mixture over the refried beans in an even layer; reserve the remaining sauce.
- Step 8: Scatter the ground beef mixture over the layer of sauce.
- Step 9: Cover the beef with 1 1/2 cups Mexican-style shredded cheese blend.
- Step 10: Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese is bubbly and the edges of the crust are golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes; set aside to cool 5 minutes.
- Step 11: Top the pizza with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, black olives, green onions, and 1/2 cup Mexican-style shredded cheese blend. Serve with the reserved sauce, sour cream, and 1 cup salsa.
- Note: For a crispier crust, bake the pizza directly on the oven rack.
399 calories; Protein 19.1g; Carbohydrates 36.2g; Fat 21.5g; Cholesterol 57.8mg; Sodium 1393.6mg.