- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 large white onion, diced
- ½ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, or more to taste
- Step 1: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- Step 2: Mix tomato sauce, sugar, garlic salt, and salt into the ground beef; simmer until flavors blend, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat, cover the skillet, and cool to room temperature.
- Step 3: While the sauce is cooking, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain.
- Step 4: While the egg noodles are cooking, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch casserole dish.
- Step 5: Mix sour cream, cream cheese, and onion together in a bowl.
- Step 6: Layer 1/2 of the egg noodles into the prepared casserole dish. Top with 1/2 of the sour cream mixture, then 1/2 of the ground beef mixture. Repeat layers once more. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese over top.
- Step 7: Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
519 calories; Protein 24.5g; Carbohydrates 39.4g; Fat 29.8g; Cholesterol 120.1mg; Sodium 1596.6mg.