- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1 inch cubes
- 5 small onion, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic
- 12 bamboo skewers, or as needed, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Step 1: Whisk together honey, soy sauce, oil, and black pepper for marinade in a large glass bowl. Remove 1/4 cup of the marinade to a small jar; seal and set aside to use while cooking.
- Step 2: Add chicken, onions, bell peppers, and garlic to the marinade in the large bowl. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
- Step 3: When ready to cook, preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Step 4: Drain marinade from the chicken and vegetables, and discard marinade. Thread chicken and vegetables alternately onto skewers.
- Step 5: Place kabobs on the preheated grill. Cook, turning frequently and brushing with the reserved marinade, until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle and the juices run clear, 12 to 15 minutes total.
Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 179 calories; protein 17.4g; carbohydrates 12.4g; fat 6.6g; cholesterol 44.8mg; sodium 442.3mg.