• 150ml (½ cup) of warm milk
• 35g (2¾ tbsp) of sugar
• 5g (1 tsp) of instant yeast
• 1 egg
• 1 tbsp of cooking oil
• 325g (2½ cups) of bread flour
• ¼ tsp of salt
• ½ tsp of baking powder
• 15g (1 tbsp) of butter
• Caster sugar
- In a mixing bowl, add the warm milk, sugar, and instant yeast, then whisk them all together until well combined and add the egg followed by the cooking oil. Break the egg and whisk them together until well mixed, then gradually add the flour, salt, and baking powder, and give them a good mix.
- Add another portion of flour, then mix, and continue adding until you’ve used up all the flour. Use your hands to knead the dough, then add the butter, and continue kneading until well mixed and smooth. Cover the dough, then set it aside, and let it rise for about 45 minutes until doubled in size.
- Once ready, transfer the dough to the work surface, then knead and reshape it into a ball, divide the dough into 2, and reshape each into a ball. Flatten each dough with a rolling pin, then divide them into 8 triangles each, and let them rise covered for about 40 minutes until doubled in size.
- Place a large and deep pan on a stove over low heat, then heat up some oil, and deep fry the donuts until nice and golden. Using a skewer, poke a hole through the side of the donut, then transfer the chocolate to a piping bag, and pipe the filling through that hole. Dust the donuts with sugar, serve, and enjoy!