· 1 box yellow cake mix (& ingredients to make cake) + 2 box (small) instant banana pudding + 4 c milk + 8 oz whipped topping + 20 vanilla wafers, crushed + sliced bananas – use your own judgment
- Prepare cake in 9 x 13 pan according to directions on box. When golden, remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- When just slightly cooled, use the handle end of a wooden spoon to poke holes into the baked cake. Don’t be shy; make the holes big enough for the pudding to seep into and go deep enough with the spoon that you hit the bottom of the pan.
- Next, prepare pudding mixture. Combine 4 cups of milk and pudding mix; whisk until fully combined and there are no lumps.
- Pour pudding mixture over entire cake before it starts to gets thick. Spread evenly, filling all holes.
- Refrigerate for two hours or until set.
- Top with sliced banana, whipped topping, and crushed vanilla wafers! Serve and enjoy. (Refrigerate any leftovers)