For the Chicken
• 1 lb. Chicken breast, diced
• Salt/Pepper, to taste
• 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
• ½ teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
• 3 Tablespoons flour
• 2 Tablespoons olive oil
• 2 Tablespoons salted butter
Pasta & Sauce
• 8 oz. angel hair pasta
• 6 Tablespoons salted butter, separated
• 5 cloves fresh garlic, minced
• ½ cup dry white wine, see notes
• 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• ½ cup freshly diced tomatoes
• ¼ cup roughly chopped parsley
• 2 Tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
• ½ cup pasta water
• ½ cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded from a block
• ½ cup Asiago Cheese, shredded from a block
- Before you begin: Measure out all ingredients so that they’re ready to go before you start, as this recipe goes quick! Time the boiling water so that it’s ready for the pasta at the end. It will only take about 4 minutes to cook the angel hair. Remember to reserve ½ cup of the pasta water.
- Pat the chicken completely dry. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Add 1 tsp Italian seasoning and ½ tsp lemon pepper seasoning. Sprinkle with flour and toss to coat.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil and 2 Tbsp. butter over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden and cooked through. Remove and set aside, tent with foil to keep warm.
- Decrease heat to medium and melt 1 Tbsp. butter in the same pan. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Carefully add the white wine and cook for 3 minutes or so, until reduced by half and no longer smells of alcohol. While it simmers, use a silicone spatula to clean the chicken remnants from the pot. This is called “fond” and will give the sauce more flavor.
- Melt 4 Tbsp. butter in the pot. Add the cooked chicken, red pepper flakes, and chopped parsley. Toss to coat. Reduce heat to low. Swirl in 1 Tbsp. cold butter.
- Boil the pasta and reserve 1/2 cup water.
- Take a covered jar or Tupperware container and add ½ cup pasta water, lemon juice, Parmesan, and Asiago cheese. Cover and shake to combine.
- Add the drained pasta to the skillet with the chicken and pour the pasta water mixture on top. Use kitchen tongs and toss to coat. Season with additional salt/pepper if desired and garnish with diced tomatoes.
- Serve with garlic bread with cheese and a side of lemon wedges. Garnish with freshly grated cheese and extra parsley/red pepper flakes.