• 3/4 cup rolled oats
• 1/4 cup cocoa powder
• 3 tbs coconut sugar
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1.5 tbs pumpkin puree (can use mashed banana/applesauce)
• 1 flax “egg” (1 tbsp ground flax seed mixed with 3 tbsp water)
• 1/4 cup almond milk
• 2 tbs peanut butter
• 1/2 tsp vanilla
• pinch salt
• optional: handful of vegan chocolate chips
please use a small loaf tin as this is a single portion!. I imagine this will work if you bake them in several small ramekins to make a mini tiered cake. if you want to use a standard issue loaf tin, please double/triple the recipe!
- Preheat your oven to 180C/360F and prepare a small loaf tin by greasing it well and lining with parchment paper. Prepare your flax egg as well.
- Blend rolled oats until a flour-like consistency (or use oat flour). Mix in cocoa powder, baking powder and coconut sugar. Stir in pumpkin puree, flax egg, almond milk, vanilla and peanut butter. Batter should be thick and fudgy!
- Bake at 180C/360F for about 25-30 minutes until the middle springs back to the touch — it should be a little damp in the middle when a skewer comes out. cool completely in the pan on a wire rack and let chill overnight for maximum fudginess. I used my chocolate tahini ganache recipe:
For the tahini chocolate ganache, mix the following ingredients:
• 1/3 cup cocoa powder
• 3 tbs tahini
• 2 tbs maple syrup/liquid sweetener.