1 1/2 lb (650g) flank steak, sliced against the grain
4 medium zucchini
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons butter or ghee
1 lemon, juice and zest
1/4 cup (60ml) low-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
The steak marinade
1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce (or coconut amino if you’re strictly paleo)
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce (or any hot chili sauce you like)
- To make this steak recipe: Combines the ingredients for the marinade in an airtight container or a Ziploc bag. Add the flank steak strips into the marinade, seal and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to one hour.
- In the meantime, wash and trim the ends of the zucchini. Using a spiralizer, make the zucchini noodles, then set aside.
- Bring the flank steak to room temperature and heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat — reserve the juices of the marinade for later. Add the steak strips in one layer and season with salt and pepper. Cook steak for one minute without stirring.
- Add minced garlic, then stir the flank steak for another minute or two to cook the other side. Remove the grilled steak from the skillet and set aside to a plate.
- In the same skillet, add butter, lemon juice and zest, red pepper flakes, chicken broth, and remaining marinade juices. Bring to a simmer and allow to reduce for 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Stir in the fresh parsley, then add the zucchini noodles and toss for two to three minutes to cook it up. Allow the cooking juices to reduce for one minute if the zucchini renders too much water. Add the grilled steak strips back to the pan and stir for another minute. Serve immediately.