7 UP POUND CAKE
• 1 1/2 C Butter, softened
• 3 C Sugar
• 5 Eggs
• 1 t Vanilla Extract
• 2 t Almond (or Lemon) Extract
• 3 C All-purpose Flour
• 1 C Sprite, 7-UP, Or Sierra Mist
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter. Add sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating for a minute before adding and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Once all the sugar is added, continue to beat for an additional 4 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Add the extracts and mix well.
- Add the flour and soda alternately, starting and ending with the flour, mixing well after each addition and continuing to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Pour into a greased Bundt pan and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until the cake is firm.
- If using a loaf pan, this will fill two pans, bake for 50-60 minutes, until the cake is firm.