No-Bake Snickers Cheesecake
For the crust:
• 2 c. Oreo or chocolate graham cracker crumbs
• 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
• ¼ tsp. salt
• 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
• For the filling:
• 2½ (12 oz.) blocks original cream cheese
• ¼ tsp. salt
• 2 tsp. vanilla extract
• ½ c. sour cream
• ¼ c. caramel sauce (homemade or store-bought)
• 2 c. homemade whipped cream or 1 (8 oz.) tub Cool Whip
• 2 tbsp. water
• 1½ tsp. powdered gelatin
• 1 c. chopped Snickers candy
For the topping:
• ½ c. roasted peanuts
• 2 tbsp. caramel sauce
• 1 tbsp. fudge sauce (optional)
• ⅓ c. chopped Snickers candy
- To make the crust, in a medium size mixing bowl combine the Oreo crumbs, granulated sugar and salt. Pour the melted butter over top and stir until a soft wet mixture forms. Firmly press into a standard size pie plate or a 9-inch springform pan. Chill for 2 hours before adding the filling.
- Meanwhile, let your cream cheese and sour cream warm on the counter for at least 30 minutes before using.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large mixing bowl) beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add the salt and vanilla, mix until combined. With mixing speed on low, add the sour cream and caramel, then bring up to medium speed. Beat until combined.
- In a small bowl mix the water along with the gelatin, then place in the microwave and heat for 25 seconds. Remove and whisk for 30 seconds, then allow to cool for 2 minutes.
- Fold in the whipped cream or Cool Whip along with the gelatin, then add in the Snickers chunks. Place into the crust, spread into an even layer. Top with peanuts, caramel, fudge (if desired) and Snickers chunks. Chill for at least 4 hours before slicing and serving, I prefer overnight.